Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Years Eve 2006

This weekend was great. Friday Catherine and I took a long lunch... ate at Chachos (I love that place!) and picked up Chris' fisheye lens from the post office. When I got off I went shopping. I have dropped a few sizes since joining the derby, and all of my office clothes are way too big. So, I went to Buffalo Exchange and Taxi and all the other resale shops in that area. I bought a pair of jeans, two pairs of pants (one plaid pair that I'm wearing right now- fit like a glove!), one green cardigan (I'd been wanting one), and one eighties sweater that I am in love with. It's hot. At least I think so :)

Chris was really surprised and happy with the lens. We played with it for a bit, then drove out to the shop and carried a load of stuff to his parents house. Then went home and watched The 40 Year Old Virgin. It was hilarious. I recommend it highly.

I woke up early on Saturday full of energy. We went by the new Home Depot on Westheimer at Dunvale and I rented a carpet cleaner. I shampood my carpet, and cleaned practically all day. I also went grocery shopping... I think it took about 2 hours, and cost about $250. I had not been shopping in ages... I needed everything from toilet paper to grape jelly. Then I went home and took a nap. I love naps... but this time I really needed it. I'm expected to stay up late on New Years night, and I am notorious for falling asleep early! And after all the cleaning and carpet shampooing my back hurt. The nap helped. We went to my friend Ben's for his party. I brought lots of champagne. We had fun- lots of friends... mostly derby friends, but those are the good kind. We got home really late... I don't remember how much champagne I drank, but I do remember eating the best bowl of Velvetta Shells and Cheese when we got home.

Sunday we slept in, and ordered really gross spinach alfredo pizza from Papa John's. We drove out to the Alamo to watch King Kong, but it was showing two hours later, so we watched Syriana. It was very serious, and complicated, and made me feel guilty for being an american, and working in the oil & gas industry. A good movie, but not lighthearted at all. By the time it was over, and we were going to try and see King Kong, it was full... no seats. So, of course, we went by an adult novelty store and bought new toys :)

Chris went to work on Monday, and I slept in. Not as late as on Sunday, but almost. I got up and back to cleaning. I made the mistake of going shopping, again... but only returned some shoes that didn't fit to some that really fit and are very cute office shoes. And shampoo and conditioner... when I run out of stuff I do it all at the same time.

I cooked last night- and plan on cooking tonight. I do not want to waste all those groceries I just bought, and I want to try and save money this year... so I will be looking up recipes and staying in my kitchen as much as I can. Thank goodness I like to cook... and that Chris likes my cooking. That is a blessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home