Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Knitta Please

Knitta Please

So, Chris says he's seen these vandals handiwork in action. I say, That's Crazy! My sister knits. I can't wait to tell her about this. She is going to knit me a scarf, or a blanket. I'm going to send her a lot of yarn so she can get started.

Chris and I both had Friday off of work, but we're both broke, so we didn't do much. We've been walking to places, instead of driving, when we can. It's a breath of fresh air :) even if it is cold air. It is helping build my endurance, when we walk for a long time. I appreciate that a lot.

I got back one of my grades. An 86 in Government. I'm okay with that. It's the first non-A, and it's my fault. I didn't study enough, or participate enough. I might have enough self dicipline for derby, and for normal classes, but not enough for online classes. I literally waited until the week of finals, and then opened my books for the first time since midterms. I want- need- desire- to take more classes... but classes where I actually sit at a desk, with a teacher, might be better for a higher grade. And then I worry about the time constraint. Always driving to and from class, there will be more homework and more assignments in a normal class than there was online. I'm not sure yet... I may just have to look and see what is available. I'm not giving up. I'm not going to stop going to school, again, that's for sure. I just need to see if I want online again, with more dicipline or if I want to try a normal Tue-Thurs class.

We walked to Jurate's a few times over the weekend. I love her. She's great. She did get Chris to move about twelve pieces of furniture while we were there. He doesn't seem to mind... especially after she feeds him. One thing I have to say about Jurate... she can cook. You've never eaten or heard of what she cooks... but it's basic meat and potatoes, Lithuanian style, and it's good :) I'm learning from her, one recipe at a time.

We had a late derby practice last night. We got two new girls on the Bosses team... both are really good skaters, and seem like really cool girls. I had to leave early to go home and get to sleep. I can't afford to be late to work, and practice was supposed to run until 10:30. They also announced this morning on our Yahoo board who is on the travel team. I didn't make it, but I'm not too upset. I would have been very proud to represent the league, but I know I'm not ready. I can be fast, and I'm pretty stable, I don't fall down often, but I don't have great endurance, and I haven't got the knack of knocking people out of my way yet. I want to work on more blocking and checking drills... because once I start getting the blockers out of my way, then I can make points, no problem. The 15 girls that were picked are really good. They definitely deserve to go, and will give the other teams a run for their money. This is the National competition in Tuscon, AZ, and will have a lot of leagues competing. It should be awesome.

We watched What the Bleep do We Know? It was okay. Makes me think very differently about water. Hehe... and yes, we do have an unlimited number of possibilities. We can be anything we want, do anything we want, and we are the only ones to stop us. And we do stop ourselves all the time. The part about addictions was very strange to me. Makes me wonder... what am I addicted to? What can I do to stop it? It doesn't help that I have a fear of addictions. Not a huge one, but enough to make me not indulge in drinking or drugs.

I keep forgetting how this journal thing is supposed to work. I'm supposed to write down what has happened today, or the past few days. Well. We went walking. We watched movies (I found that I really loved Shaun of the Dead, who'd a thunk?). Did some laundry. Hung out with friends. Slept in. Talked. Good stuff.

And today. I got to work on time. Got a few people some drawings. Had a talk with my boss. Good stuff. They are still interested in hiring me on full time, as long as I am consistant on getting here on time. I am working on a complicated project right now... makes me glad to be using my mind instead of just printing maps all day.

Not really much to write about. I feel good. Happy. Even though my biorythms show that everything is headed down hill again... I'm not going down without a fight *puts fists in air*.

Tonight I want to cook. Walk. Watch About Schmidt. Draw.

That's it for Monday. Christmas is coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home