Tuesday, December 20, 2005

How 'bout not Schmidt?

We watched About Schmidt last night. I have completely forgotten what I liked about the movie. It was not nearly as good as I had remembered. It was simple, and complex at the same time. That I like. But it was also about an old man, a company man... much like a lot of the men I happen to work with. That's depressing.

We didn't have time to walk last night... but I did get to cook :) I made spaghetti, with spaghetti squash instead of spaghetti noodles. And with fake chicken. It was delicious. I will be making it again.

I'm still thinking about school. Not enough to actually get online and check out the schedule for next semester... but enough to think about getting online. Eh. Still don't know if I want to try online again or not. Turns out I made B's in both classes. My first B's. I don't like that one bit. I might have to sacrifice two nights a week so I can guarantee myself those A's I like.

Went to lunch today with coworkers Catherine and Hans. Good food, good conversation. I'm stuffed now.

I posted the Production Committees Update. Lots of stuff to do in the next three months, but nothing terribly hot on the burner. I want us to get ahead so that Feb won't be too stressful. Still having a hard time finding the perfect venue.

I got Chris' christmas present off of ebay yesterday. I contacted the seller and let them know I will be paying early on Thursday morn. I won't be able to get it in hand before christmas, so I'm going to make something creative for Chris to open, that will tell him what I got him. Should be fun.

We're going to be going to my best friends for Christmas Eve dinner, then to Chris' best friends for Christmas Day dinner. I talked to my sister and let her know we're not coming. She was a little dissappointed, but really she's just depressed. And us coming to visit won't help her with that. She's got to find a way out of it, without depending on the group of friends she has, that aren't real friends at all. I will miss my niece and nephew, but I'm planning on going up there in a few weeks anyway.

That's all so far. Work is the same. The man I work with whose office is seven floors up is still a jerk. I wish I knew how to kiss ass, and then maybe he would lay off a bit, and be decent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home