Friday, December 30, 2005

I feel the new year a comin

Chris' fisheye lens came in the mail, but it's at the post office. I'm going at lunch today to pick it up. I'm excited. He was very super broke for christmas, so he only got me a couple little things, and let me know he was making me something for christmas... and by making he means like carpentry making something. That, to me, is awesome. I remember that my highschool boyfriend made me a jewelry box, and I still have it. I can't wait to see what Chris makes me, and I'm not upset at all about him not having something on the day of. Hehe... we went to his mom's for christmas day, and she acted like I was one of her kids... she got me at least twelve different things! One of them was a towl for your hair, that's made to curl up at the top and not be heavy- really cool gift. And another was a little magnifying glass that is 10X, and omg, i can see every single pore on my face, and man I need a facial! She also gave me a book on home remedys that the doctors don't want you to know about. Three flavors of syrup (I bet she doesn't know what I will be using those for). And a small bottle of perfume (that I actually liked... that was really cool).

I can't wait for derby practices to start again. I need to get more instruction on how to get better though... because I go to practically every practice, do every exercise, cross train outside of practices, and yet I'm not getting better. I need more direction as to what I am either doing wrong, or need to do more of... cause it sucks to work so hard and not be getting better. It's not that I suck, because I do know that I am good (I'd give myself at least a 6 out of 10)... but I need to focus on my endurance (which I'm doing with Chris when we walk/sprint), and on getting stronger. I want to learn more about lifting some weights, and drink more smoothies with protein in them so I can gain muscle, so I can push those chicks outta my way. Yep. Forget all the drama and trouble that derby has, what I want is to skate, and derby like a bad ass.

I looked up the degree plan for a structural engineer at U of H, and I have only taken 4 classes that go towards it. I have soooo much more school to do... so next semester I am taking Calculus 1 and Gov't 2. Gov't is online, and the Calc is at the schools every Saturday!! Hahaha... I'm just asking for it, I know, but at least I won't be sleeping all day saturday!!

I took back the car that I had given my brother for his birthday (a Nissan Altima that he doesn't need because he has a truck, and my family was just going to sell it and keep the money- they didn't tell me any of that, and it's not cool) and gave it to my sister Rose, who is 26 with 2 kids. She had a Honda Accord (2 door stick) that we traded. Chris helped me sell the Honda, and I completely broke even. So far it's a happy ending, except that my family is probaby mad at me, because they don't ever want to see my sister Rose get anything, and they probably are mad they don't get the money from selling the Nissan. Oh well. I did the right thing, and they will have to get over it.

Last night Chris and I talked... for a long time. One of those meaningful talks, long talks, hard talks. I realized that I am such an ass. You know how some guys will say wonderful things but not ever show them... he's the exact opposit. He does wonderful things every single day, and just doesn't verbalize them. Well, from now on I will value everything he does, and feel special, and thankful, and just accept that he genuinely likes me... and this is what happens when someone really likes you... and I'm just not used to it. But now I see that he's been cooking for me every day, and I am healthy and full because of him. Heart <3 I feel all mushy now :)

Melissa

1 Comments:

Blogger Ugly Dog said...

Heh. Nice. Ya mush.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home