Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas

Christmas was good. We went to Jurate's for Christmas eve. Sana and Fatza were there, and Oswaldo came too. We ate my fake meat lasagna, and herring fish dish, and eggplant salad. It was all delicious. We exchanged white elephant gifts. Then we went to Lauren's, but we pretty much missed the party and were there only about an hour.

We went to Chris' mom's for Christmas day. She had cooked, and I brought another lasagna too. She had got me about a dozen gifts. It was so sweet. I felt like a kid. We got her Direct TV, and so far she loves it. I still can't believe she's never had cable or anything. And I gave her my copy of Gone With the Wind. I hope she likes it.

I gave Chris a cool drawing of fish with big eyes swimming in water, with cameras falling around them. It took him a minute, but he guessed it- a fisheye camera lens. I had to draw the picture because it didn't make it to the house in time. Should be here in the next few days though. Oh- and the best part. He was like, "Now I just have to go get my camera fixed". I told him, "Well, let's just check and make sure Santa didn't fix it already." Hehe... I had taken it a few weeks ago to a camera shop and they fixed the threads in the front of the camera so that he can now screw on filters or lenses all day long. It was really cool, because he was really surprised and excited.

I looked for classes online today. My current gpa is 3.5. Not bad. I want to keep it up, and if I can, get it higher. I searched for the classes I wanted, wrote down the teachers names, then checked them on RateMyProfessor.com. I have never used that site before, and I hope I chose good teachers! I wasn't surprised to see the lady I had for my Government class last semester had a very low score on there. I completely agreed with all the negative comments, and left one of my own.

I have one book from last semester that the bookstore won't buy back, so I'm going to try and buy it online. I'm also going to search for the books I need this semester and try to buy them online cheaper than at the bookstore.

I've already made a new year's resolution. Not to go overdraft in the bank at all this year. I practically live paycheck to paycheck... but I make plenty of money, and have very few bills. I also want to save some money in my savings account, but really, if I don't go overdraft, then I'll be saving a lot right there. I wrote everything up in Excel, and when I get home I'll dust off the old Microsoft Money program I have and upload my checking account into it. I need to learn how to budget, and leave my bank card at home. I'm going to start giving myself a strict limit of cash to spend every week. I'm not looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to seeing the results. I'm crossing my fingers.

Last night I set the alarm on my cell phone, and put it in the bathroom. It went off really loud, and echoed in the bathroom until I got up and turned it off. I made myself stay awake and not lay back down. I got to work before 7:30. That was cool. Not as hard as I thought it would be. But now I need to make it a habit.

I sent my resume out to a couple of places this week. I like where I am working, but I'm contract, and I do not want to stay contract forever, and places will be hiring in January.

We're taking a holiday break from derby. Chris and I have been trying to walk a lot (almost 3 hours in the past two days). And tonight I'm going to meet some of the girls at Memorial park to do land drills and skate laps. I'm not looking forward to it. Every other day now I think about quitting. I have a full time job, am taking college classes, have two dogs to take care of, a boy friend that I like to spend time with, and a million hobbies and other interests that I barely ever get to spend time on. I want to at least get through this first season though. Skating the games is what we are all in it for... seven games over a few months. Then, I think I will retire. I'll make sure Chris takes lots and lots of pictures so I can remember what it was like :)

I took this stupid diagnostic medical test online (yeah, I know... how accurate can it be?). It said I might have two different conditions that are causing my sleep issues... or better yet, my I can't wake up issues. I do snore... a lot. It said my symptoms pointed to sleep apnea. I've already know that I probably have some form of sleep apnea, so that wasn't a surprise. But then it said I have some condition where I pee a lot. Well, I've always known that I pee a lot. I hate it. I go at least twenty times a day at work. I'm not even exagerrating. Then it went on to say that me waking up four to five times a night to go pee was causing sleep fragmentation (frequent arousal). I am not allowing myself to sleep throughout the entire night because I keep getting up to go pee. How freakin stupid is that?! So. From now on, I will not be drinking anything after about 9:30. I tried it the past four days, and it worked. I made sure to go pee about three times before finally laying down, and I didn't get up again until morning. I had to go really bad when I got up, but that was tolerable. I also had dreams each night of me peeing. Ha. I must really have to go that I'm dreaming about it. I'm going to try and research and see if there is a natural supplement that will help with this issue.

I wonder what we are doing for New Years Eve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home